Friday, October 20, 2017

Hollywood Abuse of the Political Conservative

Since people are speaking up about the sexual abuse in Hollywood, with their METOO
campaign, I thought I would speak out about another abuse in Hollywood, that has been talked about but never fully explored, the black listing and verbally abuse of anyone that doesn't adhere to strict progressive political correctness. Well, I am coming forward with a example of this abuse that I experienced.

I was cast in a non contractual recurring part on a TV series called INK, starring Ted Danson and his wife at the time, Mary Steenburgen. up to now I had completed 2 episodes of the show and everyone was very nice. Anyway, 1 day during lunch, with about 20 cast and crew hanging around, Mary went into this rave about what a great person Bill Clinton was. It was 1997 and Clinton was president.

Steenburgen was going on and on about Bill Clinton's charisma and how when he walks into a room, everyone looks at him in awe. As a US Navy veteran, it really bothered me that a draft dodger,who demonstrated against the US military in another country, could be commander and chief of the US military,

I tried to hold back, I bit my tongue, finally I couldn't stand it anymore and I blurted out " Does that make him a good president? That's all I said,  but a hush went over the whole set, every one's attention was on Mary and Ted Danson. I sat frozen, Ted Danson said "you're fired".

I just sat there, I decided that I would just sit there till they got security to try and throw me out and when that happened, I would let the beast out. But after a couple of minutes the directer, Thomas Schlamme spoke up and said leave him alone. I finished the rest of the day and was scheduled to come in the next day for the taping.

I was crushed, I thought for sure I would get a call telling me not to come in but no call came and I went in the next day like nothing happened. We taped the show but Mary and Ted never acknowledged me at all. Of coarse I was not called in to do further work. INK did not do well in the ratings and was cancelled after 1 season.

I am writing about this after all these years to hopefully bring awareness to this bigotry . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment